I woke up at 5:00 this morning, all ready to do the shred and go to work. Just to be sure, I looked our district’s website to check for a delay (that I was pretty sure wasn’t going to happen) and low and behold…another snow day. Really? This is a bit much. I’m all for a few days off of work, but because of fall break – I have only worked 2 out of the last 12 days. I’m a little tired of sitting on my butt and watching TV. Plus, we had oodles of fun Halloween activities planned for today. C’est la vie.

I tried to go back to sleep – but no luck, so I made coffee and ate one of the pastries I made last night.

I usually like my coffee black – but I was feeling the milk this morning. I also added cinnamon. It was yummy.

Then I shoveled the driveway and sidewalk (I like to think of it as my 2 hour workout) and took the doggels for a walk. We were slippin’ and slidin’ all over the place and I was really grateful that I didn’t have to drive on the skating-rink-like-streets to get to school. They hadn’t even plowed our roads at this point.

I got back about 9:30 and asked Meeker if he thought it was too early for lunch. He assured me that it wasn’t.

A tuna melt, of sorts. This was a ww pita, with tuna and cheddar cheese, popped under the broiler for about 5 minutes. It was fairly tasty…it was missing something but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

With nothing else to do at this point, I went back to bed and read for a while before falling asleep.

When I woke up, the sun was shining (!!!), so I took the puppy for another walk. When we got back around 1:30 – I was hungry again.

½ a cucumber, 1 carrot, a few grilled artichokes (from a jar) and lots-o-hummus. Such a good snack.

At about 4pm, the snow on the roads was rapidly melting – and Meeker and I decided to celebrate our freedom with a dinner out. At 4:00pm.

We went to a place called Mark Pi’s (they tell you when you walk in the door that it is pronounced like Mark Pees. Or you could think of it as peas if you are a bit more mature than I am) and I got the Miss Vietnamese Salad. It was enormous, and had tons of chicken, shrimp and veggies. I ate about ¾ before I was full. I had ordered this salad before, and it wasn’t as flavorful as I remembered.

A trip to Sprouts rounded out our rowdy Friday evening. I got a pound of steel cut oats, and I think I may have to make Senorita Sarah’s ice cream oats a little later this evening – considering I at dinner at 4pm.


What would you do if you were stuck inside for 3 days?


Pin It!