I like lists, so here is a list of the fantastic things about my day. No surprise that most of them are food.
1. Green Purple Monster
Banana, blueberries, spinach, protein powder, almond milk, peanut butter, chia seeds, 2 clementines, water
2. Leftovers for lunch
Baked tofu and broccoli slaw
3. Snacks that involve peanut butter and coconut
½ cup plain yogurt, 1 spoonful peanut butter, coconut granola
4. Exercise. I started to take Punky for a walk, but it felt so dang good to be alive and outside that I ended up running sprints on a nearby field in the dark. It felt phenomenal. It was snowy and blowy, which leads me to #5
5. This hat
6. Roasted Veggie Dinner. This one wins as THE favorite. Hands down.
Sweet potatoes, zucchini, red onion, eggplant. Topped with a yogurt/spicy mustard/bbq sauce mix and walnuts and pepitas.
7. Cookies. I haven’t had one yet, but I’m sure it will make the list in about 5 minutes.
I made these cookies last night, but substituted the chocolate chips for chopped up chocolate truffles.
8. Straight from the 3rd grade world…puzzles!
The teamwork with which my kiddos have been working on this puzzle all week makes my heart smile.