I tempted you with these cookies yesterday, and here I am, blogging before 10pm and delivering on my promise.
Almond Coconut Macaroons
makes one dozen
1/4 stevia baking blend (NuNaturals)
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 large egg whites
1 t vanilla extract
pinch of kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Put the almonds, stevia, and coconut in a food processor and pulse several times until a coarse meal is formed.
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl and add the vanilla, salt, and egg whites. Mix until combined.
4. Form 12 small balls and place them on lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned.
Even though my attempt at a sugar-free month doesn’t officially start until Friday – I’m enjoying these cookies now. In fact, I don’t think there will be any left by Friday. I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and bake something else. Twist my arm.
Want to make these cookies but don’t have any stevia? Well – I’ve got you covered. Actually, Nunaturals has you covered. They have offered to give FOUR readers some samples of their sugar-free goodies.
Winners will receive:
- One box of our NuStevia Packets, 50 ct. Box
- One bottle of our NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid, 2 oz. bottle.
To enter, please leave a comment on this post telling me your most embarrassing moment. (I want to read these while I’m up rocking Babycakes in the middle of the night and laugh)
For an extra entry, follow me on twitter, tweet about this giveaway, and leave me a separate comment telling me you did so.
The contest will be open until Thursday at noon (mountain standard time) and will be open to Continental U.S. residents ONLY.