1. The snow is melting. There’s still almost a foot (I’m probably exaggerating) but it’s melting.
2. I’ve eaten way too many pumpkin scones in the last 24 hours.
3. I actually teared up while watching Regis and Kelly yesterday. What’s wrong with me? I’m going to miss Regis, he reminds me of my grandpa.
4. On Saturday I was driving home from my parents house and in the distance I saw something BIG in my lane of the highway. As I got closer, I realized it was a deer, walking towards me. I was going 75 miles per hour. I barely managed to swerve and miss it, but oh heavens, my heart rate is still through the roof.
5. Speaking of skyrocketing heart rates, have you checked out Tuesday Trainer this week? I just did it with two cans of pumpkin as my weights. You probably think I’m kidding, but I assure you it’s true. Our weights were in the garage and way too cold to pick up.
6. When number #4 was happening, I immediately flashed back to the time I was 5 years old and riding in my neighbor’s truck when we (he) hit a huge buck on the road. Then he got out of the truck and shot it in the head so it wouldn’t suffer.
7. I gave up coffee last week in hopes that Adrienne’s naps would last longer than 25 minutes, but it didn’t work. So, I’m drinking coffee again. Naps are still 25 minutes, but she’s still her happy, perky self – so I suppose it doesn’t really matter.
8. When #4 was happening, after I flashed back to my childhood, I flashed back to the time I was in college and riding in my friend’s car on the way home from skiing and we (he) hit a large buck and totaled his mom’s suburban.
9. My niece turned ONE yesterday. Remember when she was born?!