Remember yesterday when I said I hadn’t thought of anything creative in the kitchen all week?
My creative food juices were just waaaiting and storing up all of of their efforts for these pretzels. Last night after I put Adrienne to bed it struck me…
I have a big bag of pretzels that I won’t eat in the cabinet.
I really liked those saltine toffee things I made a while ago.
I like peanut butter in everything.
SO PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER.
I did and it was just as good as you you are imagining. It’s good for the salty folks out there and it’s good for those of you (me) with a manipulative dictator of sweet tooth residing in your mouth.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Pretzels
- enough mini pretzels to make a double layer on the bottom of a small baking dish (I used a 7×5 inch dish)
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
1. Make a double layer of pretzels in the bottom of a small foil-lined and non-stick sprayed baking dish.
2. Combine the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter in a small saucepan and whisk until melted together.
3. Pour over the pretzels in the pan and bake at 425 for about 5-6 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, cover with chocolate chips. Let stand 3-4 minutes or until chocolate chips are melty. Then spread them over the pretzels with a spatula. Let cool then break into pieces.